Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Guy in a Skewed World: Next step

One of the things that I deal with regularly is skepticism.  There are a lot of people (quite a few of them in the medical professions) who don't see Fibromylagia as a real condition.  They see it as someone trying to get attention or faking to get out actually being a productive citizen.  I've dealt with several doctors, rheumatologists even, that did little to help me find ways to remain productive and able to provide for my family. 

Having said all that, I'm happy to say that I've found a new doctor that is actually trying to help.  For once, someone's looking at my symptoms and actually trying to figure out if there's an underlying problem that triggered the FMS (likely Rheumatoid Arthritis or RA) or if the FMS is just tagging along on it's own.  He's seems sincere in trying to find a way to get me back to some semblance of normality.  It's been only one visit, but that one visit has given me the hope that someone out there does believe that there's actually something going on and is willing to work with me to find out how to stall it.  It's going to take time, effort, and many small steps (even some backwards), but I'm willing to put the time in to be able to live a somewhat normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment